1. ‘All Men Must Die’
2. ‘Prelude No. 2 in C Minor’ (based on Prelude and Fugue in C Minor, BWV 847) Feat. Petra Haden
3. ‘Bodyline’ (based on Canon super Fa Mi, BWV 1078) Feat. Ben Shemie
4. ‘Passacaglia’ (based on Passacaglia in C minor, BWV 582)
5. ‘Invention 2’
6. ‘Bluette’ (based on Ich Ruf Zu Dir, Herr Jesus Christ, BWV 639) Feat. Barbara Carlotti
7. ‘Aux Vaisseaux’ (based on 14 Canons On the Goldberg Ground, BWV 1087) feat. Emmanuelle Parrenin
8. ‘Hysope’ (based on Erbarm’ Dich Main, O Herre Gott, BWV 721)
9. ‘Crab Canon’ (based on Musikalisches Opfer, Canon à 2 Cancrizans, BWV 1079)
10. ‘Homage to J.S. Bach’
11. ‘Sonatina’ (based on Gottes Zeit ist die allerbeste Zeit Actus Tragicus, Sonatina, BWV 106) Feat. Vanessa Wagner & Wilhem Latchoumia
12. ‘Invention 4’
13. ‘Ces Mains-Là’ (based on Adagio, BWV 564) Feat. Areski
14. ‘Conclusio’ (based on Adagio BWV 564)
opakowanie: digipack + 20 str. książeczka
Arandel's new opus, ‘InBach’, pays a poetic, infinitely respectful and innovative homage to Johann Sebastian Bach’s sacred workings.
Arandel's new opus, ‘InBach’, released 24th January 2020 by French label InFiné, pays a poetic, infinitely respectful and innovative homage to Bach’s sacred workings.
Arandel was granted limitless access to the galerie of (sometime rare and ancient) instruments, as a well as a countless recordings of the prestigious Musée de la Musique in Paris with a view to sounddesign his brand new creation. He performed a few months after at Philharmonie Paris a hybrid live performance/DJ set ‘Switched on Bach’, named in acknowledgement to the legendary 1968 by American composer Wendy Carlos (Tron, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining).
From candles to LEDs, from DJ sets to museums, from historical instruments to machines, from Bach's themes that have entered the collective unconscious and inspired contemporary flesh and blood musicians… ‘InBach’ was a foregone conclusion.
In the immensity of Bach's oeuvre, in the company of his fellow wanderers, within the constraints of his-torical instruments, emboldened by the delightful, sometimes technically dangerous friction between acoustics and electronics: Without a net, Arandel walks a tightrope without a faux pas.