1. THE DOUBLE BONG CLOUD (DENIAL I) 07:29
2. STRAIGHT NO CHASER (DENIAL II) 07:31
3. TOUGH LOVE (ANGER I) 07:22
4. BRICK STICK BLICK BLADE (ANGER II) 07:35
5. HUEY LEWIS VOTERS DUB (NEGOTIATION) 07:29
6. THINGS FALL APART (DEPRESSION) 08:00
7. WITH GRAND TREPIDITION (ACCEPTANCE I) 07:24
8. MOUNTAINS FROM MOLE HILLS (ACCEPTANCE II) 07:30
In the last 24 years Scott Monteith's Deadbeat project has covered a dizzying array of musical references and genres, exploring everything from from left field reggae and downbeat experiments, purifying drone and ambient noise excursions, outer-national percussion work outs, and hypnotic techno and house.
On his first solo album in 5 years, Monteith offers up what is perhaps the most powerful, tightly dance floor focused album of his storied carrier, and a soul cleansing, poignant sound track to the fears and hardships of a world gone mad, entitled Kübler-Ross Soliloquies.
The Kübler-Ross model describes the five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. A soliloquy is defined as an act of speaking one's thoughts aloud alone by oneself or regardless of any hearers.
Over the album's 8 tracks, Monteith explores each of these stages with a clear eyed focus and confidence that are a testament to his dual role as a kind, smiling musical selector and monkish technological nerd ball of the highest order.